NETGEAR EXTENDER SETUP
NETGEAR EXTENDER SETUP
This article of Netgear extender setup will walk you through the initial configuration of your Netgear range extender. After you follow this process, your Netgear range extender will configure to connect with your existing wireless network.
NOTE: When setting up your Netgear range extender, we recommend that you bring the device into the same room as your main router. Once the installation is complete and it is properly verified having a working connection between the extender and the main router. After that, you can move the Netgear wireless range extender to your preferred location where you want to place it.
HOW TO LOGIN TO NETGEAR EXTENDER SETUP PAGE
- Plug the wireless extender in the power outlet.
- Turn on your Netgear range extender. Then wait for the power LED light to turn green.
- On your wireless computer or tablet, look and connect to the wireless network name NETGEAR_EXT.
- NETGEAR_EXT is the default name of your Netgear wireless range extender.
- Open the browser from the same wireless laptop or tablet and the web browser will take you directly to the set-up page of your Netgear wireless range extender.
Tip: Users can always access the wireless extender setting page by connecting with the range extender and go to www.mywifiext.com in your web browser URL bar.
- Netgear genie will search for the existing wireless network which is the range of your Netgear range extender. When the search is complete it will give the list of the network within the range get displayed.
- Select the name of your existing wireless network which you want to boost or extend.
- If your existing wireless network is password enable. Put the wifi password of your existing wireless network.
- If your router supports the 5 GHz wireless network, select the 5 GHz wireless network of your existing router and click Continue.
Else, select the option My router does not support 5GHz wireless network and click Continue.
NOTE: If your wireless network connection of the Netgear extender and the wireless router failed to connect, check for the following options:
- Check the wireless network security key or password of your existing wireless network.
- Try to install the Netgear wireless range extender in the same room where your main router is installed.
- Try to power off and power on all of your devices to refresh the wireless network.
- Review all the option and make sure it is correct. Then continue.
- Then connect your extender with your wireless device or computer.